The Public Health Workplace Health Team are keen to promote the range of service offers to workplaces in MK, including the Healthy Workplace Standards and the offer of free health and wellbeing services. This month we have focused our comms on mental health.
A Focus on mental health and wellbeing at work
- Poor mental health costs UK employers up to £56 billion each year. But for every £1 spent by employers on mental health interventions, £5.30 is saved in reduced absence, presenteeism, and staff turnover (Deloitte, 2022).
- Did you know that 1 in 6 adults will have experienced a common mental health disorder in the last week? That’s 17% of your workforce.
- In 2021, stress depression and anxiety accounted for almost 10% of employee absences (ONS)
To address this, ask yourself a few challenging questions:
- Do I really know what’s going on with my employees?
- Do I ask or give employees an opportunity to tell me how they are feeling?
- Do I know what to look out for?
- Do I know how to start a conversation about mental health and wellbeing and what would I do or say of someone opens up?
Take a look at this short video exploring mental health and wellbeing in the workplace Mental Health in the Workplace | Promoting Wellness and Self Care
For more information and an update on FREE workplace mental health and wellbeing workplace resources and services, please click on the Hot Topics webpage here